Position Title: Operations Manager
Reports to: Associate Executive Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt full time
Hours: 40 hours per week, 10am-6pm Monday through Friday, evening and weekend hours as needed or requested by supervisor
The National Alliance on Mental Illness of New York City (NAMI-NYC) helps families and individuals affected by mental illness build better lives through education, support, and advocacy. As one of the largest affiliates of the National Alliance on Mental Illness, we work collaboratively with other stakeholders in the community to educate the public, advocate for legislation, reduce stigma and improve the mental health system. See www.naminyc.org for details.
NAMI-NYC seeks a detail-oriented and dynamic Operations Manager to assist the organization with general operations, administrative leadership, banking and accounting, and facilities management. The Operations Manager is responsible for increasing the efficiency of NAMI-NYC operations to maximize productivity and directly informs the operations strategy. This role will provide personnel management and oversight of facilities, equipment, and vendor relationships, etc. and supervises an Office Associate. This role is primarily responsible for growing the efficiency of existing organizational processes and procedures to enhance and sustain NAMI-NYC’s internal capacity.
As a front face for NAMI-NYC, candidates should be outgoing, excel in problem solving, communications, and internal as well as external customer service. The ideal candidate is a strong, experienced manager who can anticipate needs, thrive on keeping things running smoothly, and tackle requests and needs with a positive, can-do attitude. This role will work collaboratively with the larger NAMI-NYC staff to advance programmatic strategic goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage day-to-day operations including: onsite facilities and resources, check requests, executive assistance, etc.
- Develop formal standard operating procedures, tracking methods and protocols to maximize efficiency of NAMI-NYC operations.
- Identify and resolve operational issues
- Organize and manage IT needs
- Oversee vendor setup and administration
- Direct the training, scheduling and coordination of administrative volunteers
- Manage timely data collection to ensure compliance and productivity, reduce costs, and eliminate errors
- Report on deliverables and updates to the Associate Executive Director regularly
- Refine, execute and optimize processes to evaluate the efficiency of NAMI-NYC operations and implement follow-up measures when minimum standards are not achieved.
- Participate in all relevant and/or required internal/external meetings, presentations, conferences, events and/or trainings to advance agency goals.
- Participate in special projects/initiatives upon request
- Other duties as assigned
Banking and Accounting, working with outside accounting firm
- Prepare check requests for monthly billing, memos, letters, financial statements and other documents
- Track and manage NAMI-NYC invoices and purchase orders.
- Develop and utilize tracking process(es) to ensure payments are made on time
- Process bank deposits, scan and maintain records of all donations; distribute daily donations (ACH, check, etc.) to Development Director and Executive Director
- Retrieve/ file and send monthly statements for accountants to complete the monthly reconciliation reports.
- Track and reconcile stipend invoices and payments from NAMI NYS.
- Manage and maintain petty cash, TransitChek cards (when applicable)
- Serves as point of contact for all payment questions
- Directly assist in activities related to financial audits and/or audit findings in collaboration with senior leadership
- Oversee all NAMI-NYC technology equipment purchasing (with prior approval)
- Coordinate IT support for staff and office as needed
- Liaise with IT vendor to follow up on IT needs until resolved
- In collaboration with IT vendor, maintain up to date listing of all logins and passwords
- Directly assist in activities related to cyber security audits and/or audit findings in collaboration with senior leadership.
- Oversee purchasing and leases, including: renewal and expiry dates, major equipment, contract services (with approval of Associate Executive Director and Executive Director)
- Oversee all vendor relations and contracts
- Update and maintain NAMI-NYC operations tracker including vendor list of contacts, account numbers, logins, etc.
- Manage professional insurance policies including: Directors and Officers and Commercial/Professional Liability (including ensuring all payments and renewals are made on time and without expiry)
- Serve as primary liaison to building management and personnel
- Work with building facilities to trouble-shoot issues with the office space
- Coordinate maintenance and repairs, renovations and upgrades to office space (with approval) as needed.
Personnel and Employee Benefits
- Serve as primary onboarding and administrative contact for staff
- Directly assist with onboarding of new hires, including completion of pre-employment procedures, new hire set up, orientation and onboarding, including Insperity set up and ensure completion of NAMI-NYC required trainings
- Provide new employees with hire paperwork, general office orientation, onboarding presentation, tutorials, etc.
- Set up new email and phone accounts as needed for staff, interns, volunteers
- Update and maintain employee contact information list
- Directly assist and oversee the employee offboarding process including return of equipment, termination of account access, scheduling of exit interview, etc.
- Liaise between staff and Accounting on payroll and Insperity
- Work in collaboration with Associate Executive Director to collect, digitize and maintain personnel records
- Organize and schedule required compliance trainings for staff
- Maintain office compliance signage
- Manage purchasing and employee enrollments for health insurance, TransitChek, 401k plan and dental insurance.
- Assist Associate Executive Director with monthly DOHMH data collection and reporting as required by contracts
- Provide monthly and quarterly program data analysis
- Administer electronic surveys to program participants to measure impact, satisfaction, and outcome data, including subsequent program utilization.
- Maintain group/class calendar and Zoom accounts and make changes as needed or requested
- Assist Associate Executive Director in activities related to audits and site visits.
- Work collaboratively with all staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years of experience in an Operations Management role
- Posses a sharp business mind, is highly organized and a proven self-starter with excellent judgment and careful attention to detail
- Has previous experience developing and maintaining an environment of trust, diversity, and inclusion within an organization.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations with a high level of integrity, diplomacy, and initiative.
- Be a proactive team player while requiring minimal supervision
- Commitment to NAMI-NYC’s mission
- Strong interpersonal communication skills; communicates professionally to all levels of management and adapts to changing priorities
- Proficient in the use of personal computers, Google Apps and Microsoft applications
- Able to successfully manage multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends, upon request
- Ability to lift 25 lbs
- Spanish language skills a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Generous PTO policy
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401(k) retirement plan
- TransitChek (when applicable)
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to https://j.brt.mv/PortalViewRequirement.do?reqGK=27625741. No Phone Calls, please.