NAMI-NYC’s Young Professionals is a unique way for people in their 20s and 30s to get involved with NAMI-NYC and provide support for families and individuals affected by mental illness.
Join the Young Professionals and become part of a tight knit community of people who are committed to raising awareness and funds for NAMI-NYC. You will have the opportunity to network, volunteer, take on leadership roles, and gain a sense of philanthropy. Being a Young Professional also creates opportunities to become a NAMI-NYC Board Member.
To become a member of our Young Professionals you must meet the following requirements:
- Age: 23-38
- Attend four of our six 1-hour meetings per year
- Attend 1 Friendraiser Event. Friendraisers are an opportunity to invite your friends to join you at a low-cost fun event where they can learn more about who NAMI-NYC is, and why you care about mental health. For example, a fitness class, a winter luau, a cooking class, an art class… In other words, something fun that you would probably do anyway.
- Attend our Young Professionals Night Out Event
- Participate in NAMIWalks NYC, the biggest mental health event in the nation, and our biggest fundraising event of the year
- Fundraise or contribute $250/annually
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, please fill out this application.