Learn how at a FREE two-day seminar on SSI, SSDI, Medicaid, and other entitlement programs.
Many people with disabilities wait years before they are determined to be eligible for benefits. This free OMH seminar will show you that, with the correct documentation, it should take no more than 90 days to get approved. IRWE, PASS plans, Section 301, and 1619b are some of the other underused mechanisms that will be covered. This seminar is for people with any type of disability; however, the main focus will be for people with mental health disabilities. This seminar will also teach you how to:
- Request a waiver for an over payment.
- Avoid spend-downs.
- Use Social Security work incentives to help maintain SSI and SSDI eligibility as you explore returning to work.
- Ease off cash benefits and into self-sufficiency.
- Work full-time and maintain low cost (or even no-cost) health insurance.
- Get expedited reinstatement of benefits.
Thursday, October 27, 2016, from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Friday, October 28, 2016, from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. (all times Eastern Standard). Located at the NAMI-NYC Metro office at 505 Eighth Avenue (Bet. 35th and 36th Street), Suite 1103
To register for the in-person NAMI-NYC site, please contact Celia Brown at (212) 330-6352 or Celia.Brown@omh.ny.gov
For your convenience, you can also attend remotely via Webex. Please use the registration links below only if you plan on participating from your computer. You will need a telephone in order to hear the audio. Please be sure to register for BOTH days.
Event number: 641 730 128
Event number: 641 282 712
Event password for both days: nysomh123
Audio conference information for both days:
- Provide your number when you join the event to receive a call back. Alternatively, you can call:
Local: 1-518-549-0500, Toll Free: 1-844-633-8697, or Alternate Toll Free: 1-866-776-3553
- Follow the instructions that you hear on the phone. Cisco Unified Meeting Place meeting IDs:
Day One – 641 730 128, Day Two – 641 282 712