This web site and www.iwilllisten.org are complimentary public information services provided by the National Alliance on Mental Illness of New York City, Inc. (“NAMI-NYC Metro”) as a convenience to users, with the express condition that users agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this User Agreement. NAMI-NYC Metro reserves the right to change the User Agreement terms and conditions at any time. Use of the web site constitutes your acceptance of the terms and conditions included below as they may be amended from time to time.
NAMI-NYC Metro provides links to other web sites maintained by other entities as a convenience to the public. Reasonable precautions are taken to link only to web sites which are appropriate and maintained by reputable organizations. However, the inclusion of these links does not constitute or imply NAMI-NYC Metro’s endorsement of, affiliation with or responsibility for those web sites. Those web sites are not under NAMI-NYC Metro’s control, and NAMI-NYC Metro is not responsible for the information or opinions expressed on those sites. Users link to such sites at their own risk. Any concerns regarding external links should be directed to the site administrator of the external site.
NAMI-NYC Metro provides access to resources and other information on this web site as a public service. While NAMI-NYC Metro makes reasonable efforts to post current, complete and accurate information, it does not guarantee or warrant that the information is current, complete or accurate. All information is subject to change at any time, without notice.
NAMI-NYC METRO MAKES NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND CONCERNING THIS WEB SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTY OF ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, CURRENCY, RELIABILITY, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR ANY WARRANTY THAT THESE PAGES, OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES THEM AVAILABLE, ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL ELEMENTS, AND SUCH WARRANTIES ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED. ALL INFORMATION OR DOCUMENTS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. NAMI-NYC METRO ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ERRORS, OMISSIONS OR OTHER DISCREPANCIES BETWEEN THE ELECTRONIC AND PRINTED VERSIONS OF DOCUMENTS.
The information available on and through the web site is presented in summary form as a supplement to, and NOT a substitute for, the knowledge, skill, and judgment of qualified psychiatrists, psychologists, physicians and health care professionals. The information on the web site has been obtained from sources believed to be accurate and reliable. However, NAMI-NYC Metro makes no warranty as to the accuracy, reliability, or completeness of this information. Should you have any health, medical or disability questions or concerns, please consult a physician or other health care professional. Information accessed on or through the web site is neither complete nor exhaustive and does not cover all disabilities, diseases, illnesses, and physical conditions or their management or treatment.
This web site (excluding linked sites) is controlled by NAMI-NYC Metro, which is headquartered in New York City, in the United States of America. It can be accessed from all 50 states, as well as from other locations around the world. Each of these locations has laws that may differ from those of New York. Therefore, by accessing this web site both you and NAMI-NYC Metro agree that the statutes and laws of New York, without regard to principles of conflicts of law in New York or elsewhere, shall apply to all matters arising from or relating to use of this web site. You and NAMI-NYC Metro also agree and hereby submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of the state and/or federal courts located closest in New York County in New York, New York should any matter arise related to NAMI-NYC Metro or this web site.
NAMI-NYC Metro provides this web site and associated discussion groups/bulletin boards for the benefit of its members and the public. NAMI-NYC Metro cannot and does not review the information from or communications by users of the discussion groups/bulletin boards and www.iwilllisten.org. NAMI-NYC Metro expressly disclaims responsibility for, and liabilities resulting from, any information or communications from and between users of the discussion groups/bulletin boards that can be accessed through this web site and www.iwilllisten.org.
Users are warned they may be individually liable for anything they communicate using the discussion groups/bulletin boards, including but not limited to defamatory, discriminatory, false, or unauthorized information. Users are cautioned that they are responsible for complying with the requirements of applicable copyright and trademark laws and regulations.
The discussion groups are forums for individuals to share their opinions, experiences, and thoughts related to mental illness. NAMI-NYC Metro wants to ensure the integrity of this service and therefore, use of this service is limited to participants who agree to adhere to the following guidelines:
1. Refrain from transmitting any message, information, data, or text that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, and/or obscene, that may be invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or bashing communications – especially those aimed at gender, race, color, sexual orientation, national origin, religious views, and/or disability.
NAMI-NYC Metro reserves the right to remove or edit a post containing offensive material as defined by NAMI-NYC Metro. That stated, NAMI-NYC Metro does not have the practical ability to restrict conduct or communications prior to transmission and posting, nor can NAMI-NYC Metro ensure prompt editing or deletion of offensive posts.
NAMI-NYC Metro reserves the right to remove or edit posts that contain explicit, obscene, offensive, or vulgar language. Similarly, posts that contain any graphic files will be removed immediately upon notice.
2. Refrain from posting or transmitting any unsolicited, promotional materials, “junk mail”, “spam”, “chain mail”, “pyramid schemes”, or any other form of solicitation. NAMI-NYC Metro reserves the right to delete these posts immediately upon notice.
3. NAMI-NYC Metro invites and encourages a healthy exchange of opinions. If you disagree with a participant’s post or opinion and wish to challenge it, do so with respect. The real objective of the discussion groups/bulletin boards is to promote discussion and understanding, not to convince others that your opinion is “right.” Name calling, insults, and personal attacks are not appropriate and will not be tolerated. NAMI-NYC Metro will remove these posts immediately upon notice.
4. NAMI-NYC Metro promotes privacy and encourages participants to keep personal information such as address and telephone number from being posted. Similarly, do not ask for personal information from other participants. Message board posts that request participants submit personal information to another party will be removed immediately upon notice unless these posts have been pre-approved by NAMI-NYC Metro staff. This includes, but is not limited to, communications that ask for telephone, address, e-mail, surveys, and research studies.
5. Participants should be aware that the opinions, beliefs, and statements posted in this forum do not necessarily represent the opinions and beliefs of NAMI-NYC Metro. Participants also agree that NAMI-NYC Metro is not to be held liable for any loss or injury caused, in whole or in part, by sponsorship of this message board. Participants also agree that NAMI-NYC Metro reserves the right to report any suspicions of harm to self or others as evidenced by participant posts.
6. Posting off-topic messages to discussion groups will result in removal of and the possible suspension of posting privileges.
7. If you believe that any work has been copied and is accessible on or through this web site in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide full details in writing to NAMI-NYC Metro, 505 Eighth Avenue, Suite 1103, New York, New York 10018.
You agree that you are prohibited from using this site to commit fraudulent activities, violate any law, statute, ordinance, and/or regulation. Furthermore, no communications passing through this site may be defamatory, libelous, unlawfully threatening, unlawfully harassing, obscene, or contain any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, data or personal information. NAMI-NYC Metro will take immediate action to prevent violators of this policy from using our site.